The church of St Andrew in Sandhills Road was built in 1910 to serve the growing community of Barnt Green. Plans to extend it were shelved when it was decided that the money would be better spent providing a school for the local community.
Thus, St.Andrew's School opened in 1927, and is now a church aided first school for four to nines, maintaining close links with the church In 2002 St.Andrew’s Church building was renovated and extended, and now provides a warm and welcoming environment for worship and for other community events.
The Parish Centre, behind St Andrew's church, replaced two older church halls in 1989. It contains the Parish Office, and is used by our young people on Sunday morning, for numerous church meetings, and by Community Groups such as Sandhills Nursery, the Day Centre for elderly people, and Barnt Green Choral Society, to name but a few.
It is also available for private hire and is an attractive venue for parties and other functions.
Sandhills Road, Barnt Green, Worcestershire B45 8NR
Tel:- 0121 447 7097
For Times of Worship check out St Andrews Church Website
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Barnt Green.