Always a busy part of Bromsgrove it used to be called the Crescent. The Ivy covered building is Strand House a gentlemans residence built in 1701. In 1723 it became a workhouse for the guardians of the poor and remained a workhouse until 1838 when it became a Tannery.
The building is now occupied by Thomas Horton Solicitors.
Also visible is the old Mitre Inn which used to be Bromsgrove's center of Cider making. It was restored and is now offices.